Economy of the Post-Soviet Space
This course, apart from covering economic development in historical retrospective, focuses on the most recent economic developments, including those after 2008-2010 world economic crisis, and is based on analysis of the crucial issues for the Russian economy.
The topics included in the course are aimed at provoking discussions and debates in order to cover the material from different points of view.
- create a systematized vision of the past and current economic transformation on the post-soviet space, with a focus on Russia;
- describe the external economic strategy of the main regional players;
- analyse the dynamics of economic developments in the region;
- analyse the most pressing economic issues of the countries concerned;
- outline prospects for future economic development.